Friday, May 1, 2009

Who are we dealing with?

BR here, just back and fresh from the challenge I issued yesterday; if you missed it I pulled up the most commonly memorized verse in the world and tried to focus on something that it tells us about God, the incredible love that he has for us.



All day yesterday, as often as I could possibly remember I tried to think of the way that God loves us and how it is so perfect in comparision to how I treat everyone as a reflection of my Lord. I not only fell short of the mark, I was flat on my face. God loves us so much more perfectly than we couldthink possible, can you even begin to imagine; your only child that you love, the joy of your life as a human parent but you love everyone else in the world so much that you are willing to deliver up that child to be tortured and killed by them so that they might live free from the bondage of sin...



Who are we dealing with?



The kind of love I've described is not only unheard of from a human perspective but impossible for anyone but God.



This brings something very interesting to my attention, we are supposed to be a reflection of this love to the world as best we can. I am such a bent reflection in this aspect that it isn't even funny, I judge people, I ignore strangers and I hardly ever go out of my way to do for others like Christ would want. I want to change this desperately and I believe change has begun

So I've been praying, for a renewed spirit much like King David prayed in the Psalms but mine goes something like this:

Lord, I know I've not been doing all the right things.
I know I haven't been showing the world your glory
Lord, I just feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle
Tell me what I need to do.

Make me the person you want me to be God,
Change my thoughts, my heart's way of feeling
Let my thoughts be likened unto yours
Let my actions follow what's underneath

I want to know you like never before
Let my relationship with you take leaps and bounds
Help me to understand your perfect love
and let the light shine through me

I implore you God, give your servant the means
use me, direct me and give me the opportunity
Let me walk like you want me to walk
In your ways and your love.

I'm starting to change from the inside out and my challenge for myself and my reader is now this, pray like I've prayed and want to be morelike God. Love God deeply and do everything to be like him, the rest will follow naturally...

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness
And all these things shall be added unto you

6 comments:

  1. I admire your Christianity. It would appear you have a genuine devotion to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, thankyou for noticing. I was begining to think that no one read my blog ;D

    Are you a member of the faith?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a Christian, but I'm sure you gathered that at Youth Group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 would like to ask you ..where is the story of jesus when he was at thirteen tiil twentynine years old
    in bible??

    and the second is when the first time jesus was potreted?
    and who was his photograper?
    what kind of brand of camera was used?

    the third is.. is jesus the GOD OR human being?

    did jesus ever give instruction to pray on sunday?

    is there in bible if jesus one hundred present human and one hundred present GOD?

    is there in bible said if you believe jesus as the GOD you will be entered to the heaven

    1 need your answer as fast as possible..ok

    ReplyDelete